Allergen Alliance is committed to protecting your personal information.
This website and its content is copyright of Allergen Alliance - © Allergen Alliance 2019. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Why Allergen Alliance
Meet regulations for allergy information.
Ensure your menu allergens are always accurate and up to date.
Improve your customer experience for vegan, vegetarian, halal, kosher and pescatarian food.
Keep your customers safe from harm.
How to contact us
Monday - Friday
09:00 – 17:00
Tel: +44 (0) 2036 374 741
Email: use our contact form
Information we collect and use
Information about you that we collect and use includes:
- Information about who you are e.g. your title, first name, last name, contact and company details
- Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails / letters
- Information you may provide us about other people e.g. joint applicants or beneficiaries for products you have with us
Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you, from a variety of sources, including:
- a form from our website e.g contact form | register form | account form etc..
- phone conversations with us
- emails or letters you send to us
- meetings with one of our sales representative
- information received by business card
- our online services such as websites, social media (e.g linkedIn...)
- We may also collect personal information on you from places such as business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources e.g. to check or improve the information we hold (like your details) or to give better contact information if we are unable to contact you directly.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, download errors and length of visits to certain pages
A cookie is a small file – it’s saved onto your computer or other device when you visit our website.
Cookies store small pieces of information. For example - they will remember you've visited our website or performed a certain action.
Persistent cookies - these stay valid, and will work until their expiry date (unless you delete them before they expire)
Session cookies - these expire when you close your web browser
We have different cookies and these can be accessed by clicking here
What we collect and use your information for
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
- you have given us your permission [consent] to send you information about our solutions, however, if you were already receiving marketing emails from us, we will continue to share these emails with you until such time that you update your preferences
We sometimes use systems to make automated decisions based on personal information we have - or are allowed to collect and use from others – about you. These automated decisions can affect the solutions we offer you now or in the future. We use automated decisions in the following ways:
Tailoring solutions e.g. placing you in groups with similar customers to make decisions about the solutions we may offer you to help meet your needs (chain restaurant | single restaurant)
- When designing and enhancing our online services to help meet your requirements for ongoing guidance and support
Who we may share your information with
We may share your information with third parties for the reasons outlined in 'What we collect and use your information for.'
These third parties include:
- Companies we have chosen to support us in the delivery of the solutions we offer to you and other customers e.g. research, consultancy or technology companies; or companies who can help us in our contact with you, for example an internet service provider
- Information Commissioner’s Office for the UK (the ICO)
- Law enforcement, credit and identity check agencies for the prevention and detection of crime
- To the marketing automated platform we use to get in touch with you about latest news of our solutions
We will never sell your details to someone else. Whenever we share your personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure.
Where your information is processed
The majority of your information is processed in EUROPE.
However, some of your information may be processed by our marketing platform in United States. It participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
for more details on Privacy Shield.
How we protect your information
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our employees also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically and must undertake annual training on this.
Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice; providing a control environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with our solutions.
We may also keep your information after this period but only where required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
Your individual rights
You have several rights in relation to how Allergen Alliance uses your information. They are:
Right to be informed
Right of access
You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR).
Right to request that your personal information be rectified
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
Right to request erasure
You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for Allergen Alliance to continue to have it.
Right to restrict processing
You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
Right to data portability
You can ask for a copy of your personal information for your own purposes to use across different services. In certain circumstances, you may move, copy or transfer the personal information we hold to another company in a safe and secure way.
Right to object
You can object to Allergen Alliance processing your personal information where: it’s based on our legitimate interests (including profiling); for direct marketing (including profiling).
Rights related to automatic decision making including profiling
You have the right to ask Allergen Alliance to:
- give you information about its processing of your personal information
- request human intervention or challenge a decision where processing is done solely by automated processes
- carry out regular checks to make sure that our automated decision making and profiling processes are working as they should
How to make a complaint
If you are still unhappy, you can complain to our Supervisory Authority. Their contact details are:
UK – ICO